It’s time to brush up on those sewing and hot glue gun skills, because Geeks and Ghouls is excited to announce our first annual GNG Cosplay Contest! We want to connect with y’all, our community, and celebrate our common ground: a love and dedication to our fandoms!
A few rules to start:
1. Costumes must be made by primarily you. Sometimes our friends help us, and that’s fine, but the costume must be majorly your creative effort from design to execution.
2. Only 1 entry per contestant, so make it count!
3. Entrants must be local to Lafayette, Louisiana and the surrounding areas as prizes will need to be hand delivered. Entrants from outside this area are welcome if they are willing to drive in to pick up their prize.
4. Entries will be judged on creativity, execution, and originality. There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
5. Entries must be submitted before the deadline arrives as they will be judged that evening and announced the next day.
DEADLINE IS 5pm MAY 26th, 2017! So mark your calendars!
Wanna know what you could win?! Well we already have 2 great contributors for prizes and we’re gathering more! Mistress Ilea of Great Expectations in Opelousas is donating a gift certificate for her amazing salon services! Check out her work!
Our good friend and local artisan Kristina is also donating some of her fabulous vegan macarons from her rapidly growing business Karmacarons! LOOK HOW YUMMY!
More will be added to this list as we proceed!
If you’d like to submit an entry here’s how:
1. Take 1-3 HI-RES photos of your cosplay, or gather them if you have them already.
2. Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, number, and city. You should also include a description of your cosplay (who it is, etc).
3. Follow us on Facebook for updates on all the entries and to see the winners announced on MAY 27tH!
DISCLAIMER!!!: By entering this contest you agree to allow Geeks and Ghouls to use your photos on this site and all its relevant social media accounts as it pertains to this contest.
One Comment Add yours